DCNR C2P2 Grant/Master Site Plans RFP
Request for Proposals
DCNR C2P2 Grant: Master Site Development Plans
Dallas and Kunkle Parks
October 2, 2015: As of yesterday's deadline we received SEVEN bid proposals. The bids will be opened on Tuesday, October 6th at the Board of Supervisors meeting (7:00 p.m., in the Township building conference room). The Dallas Township Parks & Recreation Committee will reconvene within the next two weeks to discuss the bids. We intend to make an announcement by November 1st. Thank you to all who submitted bids!
The Assistant Secretary of Dallas Township, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, is accepting proposals for a one-time contract to perform certain professional (consulting) services (Master Site Development Plans) for the Township involving the revitalization of two municipal parks. Interested parties may access the RFP below.
Sealed proposals (two copies) must be received by Secretary-Treasurer Nancy Balutis at 2919 SR 309 Highway, Dallas Township no later than Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. If mailed, the proposal should be addressed to: Dallas Township Assistant Secretary Liz Martin, PO Box 518, Dallas, PA 18612, and should be postmarked no later than Thursday, September 24, 2015.
A mandatory pre-bid meeting to discuss the project scope of work will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, August 31, 2015 in the Dallas Township Municipal Building conference room. If additional information is needed, please contact Assistant Secretary Liz Martin, at (570) 674-2008, or vial email at
RFP Packet (PDF):
(Added 9/1/15) DT Park Map & Title Cert (PDF):
(Added 9/1/15) Kunkle Park Map & Title Cert (PDF):
(Added 9/2/15) Dallas Township Comprehensive Plan (PDF):
(Added 9/1/15) Pre-Bid Meeting: Monday, August 31, 2015:
1. Identify maintenance challenges associated with either/both parks. The ball field areas at both parks experience wetlands challenges during the wet season; Kunkle Park's issues occur behind the dugout area of the ball field. There is no wetlands delineation available for either field.
2. Concerns identified by the Township concerning the parks. Concerns include security and lighting.
3. Notes of interest concerning the parks. There is an old logging road along the bottom of the Sago St. side of the park, which has been a consideration by ASTA (Anthracite Scenic Trails Association) for possible future pass through of Back Mountain Trail.
1. The DCNR grant is for $24,375.00. Will the entire township match be in cash or does the grant agreement include in-kind services? In-kind services were budgeted at $2,072; the balance will be cash.
2. What mapping is available for each park? Maps can be viewed above.
3. What is the anticipated notice to proceed date for the selected consultant? Once we receive all bids we will begin to review them, and then the Board of Supervisors will weigh into this process. Our intended notice to proceed date is on or before November 1, 2015.
4. What is the desired project duration? March 1, 2016 (Please note this change!)
7. Does the township have any existing park rules regarding hunting in Kunkle Park? Does the township have any existing relationships for hunting to cull deer in Kunkle Park? Local residents have and do continue to hunt on that property. The Supervisors will need to address this.
5. What was the previous use of the parcels that comprise the present day Dallas Township Park? Prior use of the land that is Dallas Township Park was residential, with the exception of one lot that was the first Township muncipal building/garage.
6. Have you clarified the Luzerne and Wyoming county line discrepancy between the parcel map which you provided and the GIS aerial map which was on display during the meeting? If Kunkle Park lies partially within Wyoming County, there will be additional research necessary and additional resources available. The small piece of that land that is over the line is minimal, at best. I did email the Wyoming County Office of Community Planning that Dallas Township did receive a grant and is searching for a consultant. That is the extent of their involvement, to date.
2015 Summer Recreation Program
SUMMER RECREATION PROGRAM
(REGISTRATION WILL REMAIN OPEN!)
The 2015 Dallas Borough Summer Recreation Program will be held from June 15, 2015 through August 14, 2015. The program is open to resident children of Dallas Borough between the ages of 6 and up to and including 12 years of age at time of registration. A limited number of Dallas Township resident children between the above referenced ages will be admitted based upon availability of registration space.
The Summer Program will be conducted Monday through Friday, weather permitting from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and takes place at the Kenneth Young Memorial Park on the corner of Burndale Road and Luzerne Avenue in Dallas Borough. Please note this program takes place at a municipal park facility that remains open to the public during Recreation Program hours.
The Recreation Director and the Counselors will have many activities planned for the children on a daily basis including organized sports, games, art and crafts.
Since its inception, the Program has been sponsored by the Dallas Borough Council. In the last several years, Dallas Township Board of Supervisors has pledged a financial contribution toward the program as consideration for the admittance of eligible Dallas Township resident children.
Registrations for the program will be accepted at the Dallas Borough Administration Office located at 25 Main Street.
A complete registration for the Summer Program shall include the following items:
1. Registration, Consent and General Release of All Claims Form signed and dated by parent or legal guardian.
2. Acceptable proof of residency.
3. Completed Medical History Form for each child being registered.
4. Completed Emergency Contact Form for each child being registered.
5. Completed Photo Release Form for each child being registered.
6. Activity fee paid in full by cash or check.
All Program admittance forms will be reviewed by the Program Director and Borough Manager for accuracy, completion and acceptance by Dallas Borough.
Spring Clean-Up will take place during the first full week of May (May 4-9, Monday-Friday - 8:00A.M. - 6:00P.M.; and Saturday 8:00A.M. - 2:00P.M.) in the rear of the Township Municipal Building, through the gates and behind the garages. PROOF OF RESIDENCY is required at the time of drop-off.
NOTE: There is a service charge of $5.00 for large items such as: carpets, overstuffed chairs, couches, dressers, stoves, washers, dryers, TVs, water heaters, tanks, etc. There is a $2.00 charge per tire and ONLY two tires are allowed per household.
*Items not accepted for disposal at the Spring Clean-up site include: hazardous wastes, chemicals, brush, tree stumps, cinder blocks, animal and human waste, shingles, sheet rock or other building materials, leaves, grass, garbage, or newspapers; and freon based items such as refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers or air conditioners.
Dallas Township will also conduct an Electronics Recycling Event during the days/times of Spring Clean-up!
Special Needs Open House
The Dallas Township Police Department will be hosting its first Special Needs
Open House on Sunday, May 3, 2015, from noon until 3:00 p.m. at the police
department, located at 2919 State Route 309 in Dallas Township.
The purpose of this open house is to provide those with a special need in our
community a relaxed and fun experience at their local police department. Our goal is to
promote a dialogue between the special needs community and the police, provide them
with specific public safety information, education, and safety, and to get to know those
in our community better. Overall, we hope to dispel possible fears and anxieties, should
they need to have contact with a police officer in the future.
We invite anyone from our community who has a special need and their
family/caregivers to join us at the police station for the following activities:
• Tours of the police department
• Police Officer meet and greet
• Up-close look at a fire truck, ambulance, and police car
• Children's coloring station & give-away bags
• Special needs/public safety brochures and information
• County 911 will be present to assist in the “Smart 911” Registration
• Light snacks and refreshments
We are asking those who plan to addend to please RSVP by emailing us at
, or by calling the police department at 570-674-2003. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 2:30 pm