Dog Licenses are now available.
Please fill out the license application and send it in to:
Luzerne County Treasurers Office
Mr. Michael L. Morreale, Treasurer - (570) 825-1764
Luzerne County Courthouse
200 North River Street
Wilkes-Barre, Pa 18711
A copy of the application may be printed at: Licenses
The PA Dog Warden that covers Dallas Township is James Spencer. He may be contacted at (570) 674-4983
What are Pennsylvania’s Dog Laws?
- All dogs three months of age or older must be licensed. Licenses are issued by the County Treasurer.
- All dogs must be under control and must not be allowed to run at large. Dogs are personal property, and owners are responsible for damages caused their dog.
- It is illegal to mistreat or abuse any animal. Violations should be reported to a local humane organization or the police.
- It is illegal to abandon or attempt to abandon any dog.
- No dog under seven weeks of age may be sold, traded, bartered or transferred.
- You may not place any poison or harmful substance in any place where dogs may easily eat it, whether it is your own property or elsewhere.
- You must have a current kennel license if you operate a facility that keeps, harbors, boards, shelters, sells, gives away or transfers a total of 26 or more dogs in any one calendar year.
- Owners of dogs and cats 3 months of age or older are required to have a current rabies vaccination. It is illegal to interfere with an officer or employee of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture engaged in enforcement of dog laws.
Additional information may be obtained from Dog Law Enforcement , PA Dept. of Agriculture.
*Information obtained from and courtesy of the PA Dept. of Agriculture Wesite.